The Kent State Stark Bookstore Buys Books Back Every Day!
During buyback, you can sell your textbooks back for a percentage of the new book price. You must have a photo ID to participate in buyback.
based on the text orders we receive from the faculty, so buying back your book
is not guaranteed.
How does Buyback work?
- The bookstore will pay up to 50% of the purchase price for books that are re-adopted for the next semester and quantities are still in need. The condition of the book will affect pricing.
- The wholesaler could offer you a price ranging from 10% to 33% of the new book price. If a text is going into a new edition, chances are you will not be able to sell it back.
- Software, custom packets, workbooks and activity manuals are usually not eligible for buyback.
- Important: Books sold as a part of a package, i.e. with CD's, companion booklets, etc, will only be brought back as a package.
The Kent State Stark Bookstore will offer you up to 50% of the purchase price for your textbook, providing it meets the following criteria:
- We have received an adoption for the text from the faculty for the upcoming semester.
- We are in need of additional quantities of that text.
- It is in reusable condition.